Tuesday 27 December 2011

Using Christmas Left Overs


 So we had some left over sausage meat and I decided to make some sausage rolls with it! It's my first time making them and I couldn't resist taking photos and sharing them on my blog.


I had a roll of puff pastry and i simply mixed the sausage meat with cooked red onions and herbs, rolled it into small balls. I then cut the pastry into strips and placed the sausage meat balls on one half, egg washed the other hald and folded it in half so that the sausage was parceled in pastry. I pressed around the edges and then cut the left over pastry away. I brushed the top with egg yolk and placed in the oven at gas mark 4. Mine took about 45 minutes, but my oven doesn't work properly! They probably should only take 25 minutes or so. As long as they are golden brown and crisp when you take them out you can't win!

They tasted perfect with the left over turkey and stuffing. They were so easy, next time I might experiment with chilli or cheese and make some for new years!! Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment